Inclusiveness in our prepper world of “after the SHTF event” is that element wherein everyone who will be involved in an activity, regardless of the nature of the activity, will be involved in the creation of the plan. This way they can thereby be more fully committed to the plans’ success.
We are currently in the midst of looking at itemized “inclusive” strategic planning considerations to apply in an event situation. Twelve points have been covered so far, and we are in the midst of the thirteenth– economics.
13. Economics– Single Most Likely Disaster Looming (continued)
Crisis Moment, Lost Confidence in Current Monetary Systems
We, as a people, are moving nearer that predictable crisis moment, when enough people will have lost confidence in the current local/global monetary systems, which are rapidly losing value and credibility as a sure and certain means of transferring value for value. That’ll be a dangerous day, when currency is no longer trusted as the intermediary means of giving payment for goods and services received.
It will be that never-to-be-forgotten day when angry people line up at the doors of banks in the early dawn and impatiently wait to go in and withdraw their savings and to close their checking account. On that final day they may find the bank doors remained locked, their money gone forever, and the police have come to keep the peace and guard the cold closed bank doors. That will be their final day of happy ignorance of the reality of not being prepared.
Unprepared Will Remember You Are Prepared and Want Help
That is the day those unprepared will remember that they used to know someone who talked just a little about preparedness. Some might remember that you are most likely to be prepared, and they will want you to help them survive their lack of preparation and ignorance. Be warned.
Plan Your Personal Response to the Crisis
I saw the Nov 29, 2018 Google headliner news that stated, “Here in America the ‘quality of life’ ratings are slowly going down.” Go to whatever Internet search engine you like and start your personal search for information useful to you to know how to plan your personal response to the crisis in the future.
Our Family Seriousness About Preparedness
Our family has preps from 15 years ago that are still timely. We recently turned an asset purchased years ago into cash and bought a newer car to replace my wife’s Ford that was totaled while parked in traffic. When the insurance company finally came through with a check, we smiled and put it up for the immediate future needs. Seriousness in the past about future preparedness was a winner again.
We’ve Become a Credit Card-Financed, Narcissistic Society
We have become a nation addicted to a cell phones and texting in a credit card-financed, narcissistic society. There are too many people who can’t pass a mirror without smiling at themselves. It’s so sad.
Our schools teach the federal tests to get the federal monies, and the graduates often can’t read their name on the graduation diploma. The school halls are ripe for young hard dope sales in the open view of passing students and even teachers.
Soon Readily Apparent That Financial Systems Recover is Totally Impossible
We are at the point of the spear of our very own national financial collapse with a near zero hope of recovery. Most likely it may soon be readily apparent to everyone that financial systems recovery is totally impossible. Consumer trust in the instant usability of our phony fiat currency is rapidly becoming suspect and is no longer fully considered to be trustworthy throughout the financial community.
Inclusiveness Can’t Fix the Money Problem
Inclusiveness can’t fix the money problem we are experiencing every day. The problem is too big and too late.
Credit Card Debt
I recently searched Google for how much credit card debt the average American carried. According to data from the U.S. Census Bureau and the Federal Reserve (reported September 9, 2017), American households owe on average a staggering $16,425 in credit card debt, and that amount has risen 10% since 2013.
Consider this fearful fact: Those average people are paying personal interest costs on their credit card debt of about 24% on $16,425 per year. That’s $3,942.00!
14. Start Right To Get Ready For a Nation-Wide Disaster
Now is the absolute time to get ready to be ready with a solid plan of personal response to a nation-wide disaster. Start right now, today!
Realistic Assessment and “Inclusiveness” Process
You can easily start in your own family situation with first determining how the “inclusiveness” process will help you help them. Start with a realistic assessment of your personal skills, talents, and tools of survival. Move forward with your spouse and then the kids.
Give Teens Opportunities
Today’s teens who have shown promise in their school work are often much more capable than the parents have ever thought to be possible. Most adults have lost faith in our teens and therefore have failed to give them opportunities to lead, follow, and fail. They are very wrong. The price will hurt. There are many competent teens.
Most adults have no awareness of how sharp the teens can be when given an assignment with the necessary support, information, and authority needed for task success. Give them responsibility with the tools necessary for success, and then get out of the way. Stand ready nearby to offer advice when it looks to be the right thing to do, and then continue to get out of the way. Teach inclusiveness by personal examples. Praise teens in public. Correct in private.
Have we learned enough today about inclusiveness being an important part of survivalist planning, survivalist activities, survivalist defense, survivalist cottage industries, survivalist scavenging? I hope so.
What Is Leadership? Can You Learn to Be a Good Leader?
I am sharing the following, which is written by Susan Ward:
“What is leadership? A simple definition is that leadership is the art of motivating a group of people to act towards achieving a common goal. In a business setting, this can mean directing workers and colleagues with a strategy to meet the company’s needs. This leadership definition captures the essentials of being able to inspire others and being prepared to do so.
Effective leadership is based upon ideas (whether original or borrowed), but won’t happen unless those ideas can be communicated to others in a way that engages them enough to act as the leader wants them to act.
Put even more simply, the leader is the inspiration and director of the action.
He or she is the person in the group that possesses the combination of personality and leadership skills that makes others want to follow his or her direction.”
Learning “Inclusiveness” Can Be a Labor of Love
I have found that learning the ways and means of “inclusiveness” can be and should be a labor of love and an experience of joy for everyone who sincerely tries to change who they are to be the better person and who cares about how they interact with others.
There will always be setbacks and mistakes, so just accept your humanness and learn from your experiences. Learn to move ahead personally as you labor to enable others to be their best and to do their very best.
Teach the youth by your example! Teach them to work by your example, and teach them leadership!
Show them that they are loved by your example!
You are loved! Sincerely, with great hopes and trust for your futures.
SurvivalBlog Writing Contest
This has been part four of a five part entry for Round 80 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The nearly $11,000 worth of prizes for this round include:
- A $3000 gift certificate towards a Sol-Ark Solar Generator from Veteran owned Portable Solar LLC. The only EMP Hardened Solar Generator System available to the public.
- A Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate. This can be used for any one, two, or three day course (a $1,095 value),
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses, excluding those restricted for military or government teams. Three day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- DRD Tactical is providing a 5.56 NATO QD Billet upper. These have hammer forged, chrome-lined barrels and a hard case, to go with your own AR lower. It will allow any standard AR-type rifle to have a quick change barrel. This can be assembled in less than one minute without the use of any tools. It also provides a compact carry capability in a hard case or in 3-day pack (an $1,100 value),
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze-dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- A $250 gift certificate good for any product from Sunflower Ammo,
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is providing a $300 certificate good towards any of their DVD training courses.
- A Model 175 Series Solar Generator provided by Quantum Harvest LLC (a $439 value),
- A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol and a SIRT AR-15/M4 Laser Training Bolt, courtesy of Next Level Training, which have a combined retail value of $589,
- A gift certificate for any two or three-day class from Max Velocity Tactical (a $600 value),
- A Three-Day Deluxe Emergency Kit from Emergency Essentials (a $190 value),
- Two 1,000-foot spools of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord (in-stock colors only) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 value).
- An assortment of products along with a one hour consultation on health and wellness from Pruitt’s Tree Resin (a $265 value).
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- A large handmade clothes drying rack, a washboard, and a Homesteading for Beginners DVD, all courtesy of The Homestead Store, with a combined value of $206,
- Expanded sets of both washable feminine pads and liners, donated by Naturally Cozy (a $185 retail value),
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security, LLC,
- Mayflower Trading is donating a $200 gift certificate for homesteading appliances.
Round 80 ends on January 31st, so get busy writing and e-mail us your entry. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.