Making your home smell like a Korean restaurant doesn’t have to be difficult. Use this recipe and follow along with the video using some of your freeze-dried food as ingredients for a simple, yet delicious Korean BBQ Beef!
Korean BBQ Beef Recipe
By: Keith Snow
Prep: 15 min | Cook: 20 min | 5 Servings
- 3/4 cup low-sodium Tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, minced finely
- 1 cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water to form slurry
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chili paste (Sambal Holec or similar hot sauce)
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dehydrated ginger
- In pot over medium heat, mix all sauce ingredients together.
- Put freeze-dried beef and bell peppers in a large bowl. Add boiling water, cover, then set aside to rehydrate.
- Cook green onions in oil in wok over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add meat mixture (reserve rehydrating liquid for now). Stir in 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce, followed by cilantro, and then rehydrating liquid from the meat mixture. Stir well and turn off heat.
- Serve warm with sliced cucumbers, julienned carrots, lettuce, etc.
Enroll in Food Storage Feast to access dozens of videos and recipes like this one.
Tell us in the comments how your Korean BBQ turned out!